Mounting mics to trussing

BlueShift

Hey Guys,

I have some sennheiser 'fin' style directional UHF antennas that I need to mount on some truss. They need to have some kinda flexibility in their positioning so what I was thinking was to basically have a gooseneck which had a standard 3/8" mic thread at one end and was attached to a half-coupler at the other.

Anyone know of any such product or has done something similar before?

Thanks

Edit to the edit to the edit :

Nonsensical reply deleted, as it was irrelevant. Well, irrelevant in the context of your actual post, anyway - I read the title and it said "Mounting MICS to trussing", so I replied on that basis having not read the post properly. Reading it again just now, I notice that it's actually antennas that you want to hang from the truss. So, not only did you manage to double-post your original question, but you've managed to give both of them an inappropriate title. Nice one! ;)

You Need 2 x k&m 24050 clamp arms. These clamp to a pipe od of 60mm ( most truss is 50mm od) and give you 2 x 3/8ths fixings. Always cable tie as well as a safety. See studiospares for details www.studiospares.com Dont forget you will need 50ohm BNC extensions for you paddles. Good Luck

Neil

Dont forget you will need 50ohm BNC extensions for you paddles.

Also worth noting that standard RG58 cable can be fairly 'loss-y' and therefore not good for longer runs. URM67 performs much better although more expensive and less easy to handle.

Ideally you want RG213 as it is lower loss than RG58 and not to bad to handle.

On the subject of fittings these Sennheiser fittings (sixth one down) on a standard lighting hook clamp using a 3/8 whitworth. Depending how you are mounting it you way want to get a gooseneck or extension bar (the A 2003 do start to make most goosenecks flex as do the shure actives) to get away from the truss else you may into problems.

Archived