tiny truss

soundiesam

Is the stuff in this article what you want?
It's all I can find as well - seems to be a science project based badge (or "patch" if you live left of the wet stuff) for American Girl Scouts and has lead to an annual model bridge building competition. It's not obvious whether there is a recognised kit of parts or whether the lasses simply have to supply their own lollipop sticks.

Description:

"Tiny Truss

Explore the exciting world of engineering! First, attend an interactive engineering workshop where you can learn some of the tricks and tips of successful engineers. Next, you will be given your first real engineering job! Your mission: build a bridge (out of wooden stir sticks, paper, and glue) that can hold as much weight as is possible. Are you up for it? Finally, you'll bring your completed bridges to the final bridge testing event and compete for cool prizes! You'll earn the "engineering" segment of the Science Adventures patch for attending the engineering workshop, plus a Tiny Truss patch if you build a bridge and attend the final bridge-testing event. Suitable for grades 6-9."

David

has anybody seen or knows where I can find out about the product "tiny truss" its a model making tool for designing lighting was exhibited at PLASA I think!

sam

The lighting designers kit can be found at http://www.seelightbox.com/

I didn't get to see it at Plasa, but knowing the inventor, anf having looked at the website, it looks like cool kit.

Something similar was built at the Central School of Speech & Drama, with Birdies and Microlites, but this uses fibre optics and is much more compact.

HTH

Richard

Archived