£100 Light

Daveflyer

hi there,

Dont forget that the you will still need a stand for your lights if you decide to get them. A lot of people spend all their budget on the most important thing - in your case the actual lights - but forget about simple things like stands and power leads.

Thomann http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_lichtstativ_lst250.htm

or

Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...and&doy=8m1

Also remember that most kit from Thomann will not come with UK 13A plugs.

Hope that helps.

LED fixtures are the only way you can get dimming, low power & colours for the money.

However, they might not be bright enough and my instincts would be to first buy generic pars if you have nothing else. Simple generics are the staple of any lighting rig (IMO) & 500W so that they won't be too hot or bright on hard power without ability to dim. They do have disadvantage of needing bulbs, power etc. BUT there's not much to go wrong!

The gear you already have changes things significantly.

It is much easier to formulate an answer when you tell us the whole question! ;)

You have three PAR56s, how are they powered? How are they mounted (floor cans/ stands if stands what extra space do you have on the stands)? Do you Gel them presently?

What do you want the 'light' to actually do?

Bit more of `what can I do for £100?` think.

Hence suggestion of couple of LED cans, will actually do something visible for 100 notes.

Stands , cables and cases would be the very next purchase.

I think you need to give us an idea of what you want to do. I.e is your lighting effect to actually light someone? How big is the space? Or is it just for an effect? From your spec, it sounds like perhaps some disco kit you have? If you are looking for some general cover then I would suggest adding some more pars to your stock. They're very useful and the more you have, the different colours/ areas etc you can light.

Everyone on this forum is extremely helpful but you really need to supply some more info!!!

Em

I rather think this is a kind of daft question - if you asked what leads should I buy for a band, for £20 - the answers would be meaningless, like these?

What do you want the 'light' to actually do?

Agreed there Paul. at this price I could by a few things, but, what would satisfy the budget? A few par cans, a nasty smoke machine, a couple of sound to light 'intellegent' (I think not) fixtures.

The Original poster needs to define what he requires, and only then, ask the BR to give options

Archived