Microphone selection

Johnno

I'd say stick with SM58's solely due to the fact it is a school and the mics may be more prone to abuse (unless you're kids are pleasant wee creatures!)

Probably best not to break the bank for a Neumann or any condenser, they need TLC!

Yep the SM58's are good value and a decent sound quality can take a fair bashing... JUST REMEMBER TO TAPE THE SWITCHES.... if I have to do anything where the mic is likely to be used by someone who doesn't know what they are doing this is a Must...

OFF TOPIC A BIT: - especially with the old sm58 radio mics... horrid thing, but has 2 switches which confuses everyone, but me it seems, so taped everytime.

EDITED FOR CLARITY - first section is referring to wired... sorry for any confusion caused as pointed out by Bobbsy

dunk, the OP was asking about wired mics, not RF, and the standard SM58 doesn't have a switch (though there are switched versions available).

Bob

I know the second bit was a bit off topic... I have edited it now for clarity, and the SM58lc arent switched but the SM58s's are... I agree with you entirely now :blink:

Apologies Bruce but I decided that editing my post would save any confusion as rightly pointed out by bobbsy...

and I know they are different, as my other post states for the pleasure of a switch you will pay around £50 more

Apologies again and I think we are going slightly off topic, I edited my post to make it correct; now this thread may continue as it was started

Archived