Longest Panto?

gareth

Hi Guys, sorry the Gordon Craig beat youu by even a few more days.
Hmmmm.... (tm Ynot)

from the website...

Dick Whittington

Saturday 25th 2006 - 3rd February 2007

Saturday 25th of what, exactly????

:)

This thread is in the Safety Forum, not the "How Big Is My Panto" forum. Keep it on-topic please!

Umm...., Why have you's guys modded my post (horrible pink, btw!) just cause it's a reply to an existing sub-topic within the thread?

Seriously, Andrew - this is the sort of reflex moderation that only serves to annoy members.

There's no real reason for it - if you were to hit every slightly off-topic post like this, I'm afraid the mods would be VERY busy indeed!

This is stifling free expression in a way.

You could, I suppose, split it off into a new thread, but I don't really think it has legs enough for that.

Wrong!

:P

Anyway, here it is in a new thread. Next time, Ynot, either PM or post in issues if you have a complaint. That's the final time that I tell you that.

Back to the subject:

I have a mere 1 week of Christmas show. With a three-week fit-up. By god, I wish I was kidding. :)

Guest lightnix

The significant other and I went to see a friend perform in a panto a couple of years ago.

I can't remember which one it was, but I do remember it running for 2 hours and 45 mins - now that's long.

The significant other and I went to see a friend perform in a panto a couple of years ago.

I can't remember which one it was, but I do remember it running for 2 hours and 45 mins - now that's long.

Tell me about it. The 'full' version of ours runs to about the same sort of length. Fortunately, though, we tend to do a shortened version for the schools matinees, which knock about 15 mins off by missing out three songs from the final 'party' scene and not doing an encore.

Yeah ours runs at about that (though in the first week I think we were closer to three hours, including interval).

I've only done 1-week runs before so 8-weeks is a hefty difference!! With matinees I think I heard someone count it up as 87 performances.

If anyone wants to check (I don't think my morale could take it), count 'em here

Yeah ours runs at about that (though in the first week I think we were closer to three hours, including interval).

What's the betting it'll be down to less than 2 hrs 30 min by the end of the run...?? :welcome:

Archived