Pulsar Chroma Range

allsounds

Hi,

The company I work for is looking at investing in some LED lighting. We currently subhire in Anolis led battens however we are not very impressed with the product or the output. After visiting plasa we are looking along the lines of the ChromaStrip X3's - this leaves us with the option of going for the 1w LEDs or 5mm leds, does anyone have any experience with using this range and if so do you have any pointers and/or recommendations, the main difference to me is the beam angles of 10 & 20 degrees however am wondering whether the overall light output would be affected by the different type of LED's being used?

any help appreciated

Matt

1w LEDs or 5mm leds, does anyone have any experience with using this range and if so do you have any pointers and/or recommendations, the main difference to me is the beam angles of 10 & 20 degrees however am wondering whether the overall light output would be affected by the different type of LED's being used?

any help appreciated

Matt

1W and now 3W LEDs are spmetimes referred to as second generation LEDs, they were developed as illuminators, 5mm LED package was developed for indicators. Rough rule of thumb a 1W LED outputs as much light as 15 5mm LEDs.

All the high power LED ranges should have a choice of interchangeable lenses.

Rule of thumb I have with LED fixtures is use 5mm type fixtures (Pixelline 1044) if you want 'eye candy' i.e. you want to use them as a visual effect rather than for illuminating something. Go for something that has the larger 1W or possibly even larger units for illuminating.

This rule of thumb isn't always true though, one of the events we were supplying this summer had Massive Attack on one of the nights with their Color Block wall. Even though the Color Block use's the larger LED's they sill provided a visual treat, though there was 240 of them!

Color Block might be something worth looking at if it's for hire, mainly from the point of view of flexibility in configuration.

Color Block might be something worth looking at if it's for hire, mainly from the point of view of flexibility in configuration.

Color Blocks getting very popular round here.

I hear of a lot of sub hiring going on even to the big players!

Archived