Mounting Miniscan HPE yoke's side on

Jamtastic3

Hello,

I have 2 Miniscan HPE's that I'm wanting to mount half way up a piece of truss (one stage left and right). Now the only way I can figure out to do this is to use a half coupler on the truss and attach the yoke horizontally to the bolt coming from the half coupler. I'd do this for each one. Now is this o.k. for both the truss and the Miniscan (considering that alot of the scans weight will be several inches away from the truss)?

I don't have any arms or boom attachments for the truss and half coupler's (Doughty) are the only things I have.

Cheers

what I've done before using astralite is coupled the scan to the outer tube, but come up between the inner 2 tubes, with a fairly heafty half coupler underneath the fixture on each of the inner 2 tubes to support it.

that is such a bad description its untrue, I'll try and upload a jpeg or something (or pm me with your email address and I'll send it that way)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/Jamez3uk/MainStage25.jpg

Here's a pic of the truss just after I'd taken all the lights down for maintenance. I've circled left and right where I'd like to mount the Miniscan's (I've got 2 more that are each going on the poles at the top of the truss).

The coupler's are already in place because we had some cheaper scans mounted that only weighed around 7kg. The truss section is free standing but cannot fall because of the scaff poles in front of it which are attatched to the other truss (different type)

Why don't you just use Chauvet clamps instead of standard G clamps? Using them youcan mount vertically, however you'll need to make sure they are big enough as truss tends to be slighter wider than standard scaff which annoyingly sometimes means they often don't fit.

Why don't you just use Chauvet clamps instead of standard G clamps? Using them youcan mount vertically, however you'll need to make sure they are big enough as truss tends to be slighter wider than standard scaff which annoyingly sometimes means they often don't fit.

I'm assuming you mean one of the ones shown here, but don't know which one in particular.

Anyway, I'm assuming you mean either the pro clamp, or the pro truss clamp, which are just versions of the standard half coupler (or in the pro clamp's case, a poor version).

Unless I've missed something in these, then why not use the doughty half coupler, for example, which has SWL of 500kg, rather than 75lbs (34.1kg).

The pro truss clamp was what I was thinking of, the version and manufacturer of the said clamp is entirely up to you. Any which latch around the entire piece of truss will work fine.
Sorry, was just wondering if there was any difference you knew of, as half couplers are mentioned earlier, and are shown in the picture.

Sorry, I misread the earlier post, those half clips will be fine, we use them all the time on our miniscans. Are a a bit of a pain in the arse to rig as you need to hold the light as u do up the clip, you might find if you can reach that you get someone up a ladder to take the weight while you go up and fasten it.

Archived