Sennheiser E845s

benweblight

Hi,

I just bought a new Sennheiser E845s mic on ebay.

It didn't come with the mic clip/pouch that I thought came with all sennheisers? The seller claims this model is an exception. I have seen it listed online elsewhere with the clip but I can't be sure, the sennheiser site only mentions it as a variant, so presumably that means it should have the same as the non switch model. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Also, are they any tell-tale signs of a fake mic?

Hi,

Just to say that I've used the 845 (unswitched version) a fair bit and it has always been supplied with the sennheiser pouch and the beyer style 'sennheiser' branded mic holder. I can't think of any reason why the switched version is any different so I'd suggest following the serial no up with sennheiser and see if it is the real deal. It could be simply that the seller has lost the pouch, but I wouldn't give anyone off ebay the benefit of the doubt, even if the 845 isn't exactly as widely plagiarised as the '58 and '57.

Keep us posted,

Matt

I've got both 845 and 845s here and they all came with pouches and clips. It MAY be that there is some sort of OEM version, available without those items, which isn't really meant for individual sale but somehow I doubt it.

It may not be fake, though. I can easily imagine a situation in which the clip and pouch were lost or excluded by mistake, and thus the way forward was to flog them on eBay as they're not shiftable via standard channels.

A little word of warning to all - there are a few ebay sellers punting fake goods about. I have seen one of the twin Shure radio kits etc and they look very convincing... but sound nothing like the real thing!

Moderation: link above removed. It may look like a fake, but without real evidence, such a statement is potentially libellous. If you think something on Ebay is dodgy, please report it to Ebay, not here!

Archived