Dimming a ropelight...

Jamtastic3

Hi BR,

Quick question here.

Is it possible for me to dim a 45 metre ropelight on a dimmer such as a holdhold uplighter dimmer? The ropelight will be installed in a bar and may need dimmed if it's too bright. If so where can I get one without snipping one off at home!?

Thankoo

Standard Argos dimmer should be fine unless rope is over 250W total then youd need a heavier duty domestic dimmer.

Try Operon out at Craigmillar.

Usual caveats about mounting a wall plate dimmer or get cheapest halogen uplighter and nab the inline dimmer from it.

P.S. how you get on with your Showtec conundrums?

mmm, alright. I got an email from Terralec saying I should take the dimmer back for checking but they think it might be that the Multi-dim doesn't like 575W hpl lamps which would be a tad weird. I haven't had enough time to take a look at it because it's partially in use for the Fringe at the moment.

Thanks for remembering though and thanks for the advice for the ropelight.

it might be that the Multi-dim doesn't like 575W hpl lamps which would be a tad weird.

Sounds unlikely as would have thought this is a very popular combination, be very interested in what conclusion on this is. Offer to try substitution when you get time stands.

In addition to Captain`s suggestion which sounds neatest solution, Rapid do a plug in dimmer:

http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.asp...;moduleno=64145

mmm, alright. I got an email from Terralec saying I should take the dimmer back for checking but they think it might be that the Multi-dim doesn't like 575W hpl lamps which would be a tad weird.

I use 2 MultiDIMs each running 4 x 575W HPL lamps and have no problems at all with them.

Archived