Small silk flame effects.

Ynot

Right - fresh from a production meeting, so a few questions to ask. :)

I need to build 3 olde-worlde style lanterns, and I'd like to use silk flame effects inside. I can make up the relevant bits if I have to, but I'm looking for a source for them ready made if possible - making life easier! So - any ideas where to buy the effects as a component part? Or even something not too expensive I can butcher?

They need to be relatively small, and shallow, but as I'm building these units from scratch, I can within reason make the lanterns fit the effect.

Tony

BUGS have some things I think from chauvet that are pretty small. I think they might be called flamer bob's I can't help but think that must be a nick name. I might be going into bugs fairly soon so I'll have a check.

Ynot, What size is "relatively small"? 100mm diameter?

How bright do they need to be? Are they casting illumination onto surrounding objects or do they just need to be visible?

The reason I'm asking is I'm playing around with an LED based flame effect. It's working well and I'm just moving onto the 'silk' flame look-alike.

• 3 months later...

By way of an update, and thanks, here's where I am with this one.

After a few PM's both ways, managed to secure a source for no less than ten (I think) sconces with silk effects from Blue-Roomer Pete, and after a loooong drive by one of my senior oppo's said units were recovered from a Sarf London location (in exchange for a certain bottle of alcoholic beverage).

Only thing is, the planned use for the effect has now been scrapped, I'm told - found that out this week - 3 days after the pickup!!

Oh well, never mind - they'll certainly come in useful elsewhere! I may be able to squeeze one or two into the panto but in a different guise....!!

Cheers anyway, Pete.

Tony

Archived