Furse Regal Controller

Johnno

Hi.

I've got a Furse Regal controller. I've never used it and don't know whether it works 'cos I haven't got a PSU for it. Anyone have a good word to say about it? Any sources of info on it?

I use a Zero 88 Elara normally but an honest, simple board would find uses among the simple honest folk I work with when I'm not available to pander to their every complex whim. Which is every time I see them coming :D

Regards,

John.

It runs off +/-24V from the Regal dimmer rack. It produces data with an analogue multiplexed output called FMX, which is not compatible with any other protocols. So unless you have a Regal rack, it's useless.

I have built a DMX to FMX converter, but would not even consider trying to build a FMX to DMX converter.

See other posts in this forum. (search for FMX)

You might be able to add DMX to it as an internal mod, from whatever output it has before it gets multiplexed to FMX, and replace it with a DMX mux. However this would only probably be suitable as an interesting project if your electronically inclined. Otherwise you'd be better off buying a cheap two preset desk.

If your going to throw it, then NEET (The National Exhibition of Entertainment Technology) may be interested. See their donations page for more information.

HTH

PN

• 1 month later...

Archived