Tool Cases

3guk

Currently travelling a fair bit and really need a dedicated tool case, pref lockable, and not too expensive.

I currently have just a plastic tool box, but I don't trust it standing up to the baggage handlers.

Could do with some suggestions.

Preferably on ebay, as I have a load of cash sat in my paypal account.

Thanks.

If you do a search you will also find a a topic on this from a few years ago. The one I ended up going for was from abs cases. I think I payed £90 ex vat. I would recommend it any day, absolutely fantastic, and you can get it in 15 different colours! Or in fact any colour you want for an extra cost.

HTH

Rich

I'll second the ABS Cases tool box. I've had mine for about 8 years and apart from the occasional re rivet of the hinge (I've got way too much stuff in there), its survived god knows how many airport baggage handlers, taxi drivers and truck packs. The only thing that I'd recommend buying in addition to any tool case is a small wheel-able luggage trolley (best picked up in duty free). My box weighs about 22Kg and that little trolley has saved my arms and back on many an occasion. It also doubles up as a handy seat when up ended!

Tool cases are a very personal thing, for instance, we have 'George' a multi-tasking case that holds cable ties, kettle, etc, I have a Snap-On top box and cabinet I use as a tool bank, then a tool belt for what I'm using at the time. Others just have a bag of tools and then rely on me to bring the rest........

Take a look at Peli toolcases
Hmm, you could. :** laughs out loud **:

If their toolcases are priced anything like their normal cases, it would be cheaper to buy tools for each job and not carry them anywhere! Very nice though...

Tool cases are a very personal thing

Too right ;-)

Although ABS cases are fine, my flightcased tool kit also doubles up as a personal 'step' allowing vertically challenged engineers to peer over FOH at concerts with enthusiastic punters...

I actually use a DeWalt 5 piece kit case (ebay) with just my dewalt drill and flashlamp in and the rest filled with other tools and mic bags full of bits - it's just about carryable, but fits perfectly on top a plasma flight case to wheel into the venue - and holds everything I could need on a normal job (my soldering kit, socket sets and drill bits live elsewhere still) - it's not the most efficient case (as it has loads of cutouts and holes) but it is v v robust!!!

Archived