Soundlab Dual CD

Simon Lewis

Hi y'all,

I could do with a dual CD player, but its projected use doesn't warrant spending £400 upwards for a "pro" model. A supplier has Soundlab dual CD on offer, at a price that could almost be throw away money...

Given that its use will be occasional and that it will be fairly well treated, am I going to be unduly disappointed with

- audio quality

- reliability

- facilities

- sniggers from audio snobs when they look at the label ;-)

Curious...

Simon

I could do with a dual CD player, but its projected use doesn't warrant spending £400 upwards for a "pro" model. A supplier has Soundlab dual CD on offer, at a price that could almost be throw away money...

Given that its use will be occasional and that it will be fairly well treated, am I going to be unduly disappointed with

- audio quality

- reliability

- facilities

- sniggers from audio snobs when they look at the label ;-)

reliabilty and sniggering certainly, perception of facilities and audio quality are of course down to individuals.

A friend of my son's (who does some casual DJing) has a Soundlab dual CD player which still works after a couple years in and out of the boot of his Astra.

As for sound quality, it's as good as the rest of his Maplins-special amps and speakers, whatever that means.

Can't help you on the sniggers though...but to do sound you need a thick skin anyway!

Bob

A few years ago we had a soundlab player in a student radio station; it lasted one licence (four weeks all day & evening) before dying. The denon that replaced it has been working fine ever since.

For light use it'll probably be OK...

Shouldn't be too bad for light work, you'd benefit from a flightcase but then you'd probably end up paying more for a case.

As for sniggers from people, if someone goes to a venue who isn't working there and does have a laugh at the gear you are using ask them why they are not out working themselves.

Had someone the other day come up to me claiming to be a full time sound engineer, said it was very bass heavy at the back corner (REALLY?).

Rather than remind (tell) him of why this was I asked him why he wasn't working on a friday night. he walked off.

Rob

Archived