Looking for something, need help.

TerraSin

I'm looking for a "light" and I have no idea of the name or who makes it or if it's even being made any longer, so I figured I would ask on here and see if anyone might know what the hell I'm talking about. It must have been 10 years ago when I stumbled upon the site that had it. This is the best description I can give:

It's a dance floor, maybe a 4 foot by 4 foot square (1.30 meter) across the top. The top was made of clear Plexiglas. Here is where I get lost when looking for this. The floor has lights in it, but not like the old disco floors that would just light up or the newer LED floors. This one shot beams up light up through the Plexiglas much like you would get from a scanner.

I've been looking all over the place but I can't find anything on this unit so if anyone here might have a clue what this thing is, I'd appreciate it.

CJ

Hi , yes the item you are looking for is KU-BO FLOOR LIGHT (HMI 575)

found at KU-BO Floor Light

4 mirrors and 4 flower-elements create an extraordinary effect

Several Ku-Bos can be combined

In this way, complete dancefloors can be created

Colour-filters attachable

Every Ku-Bo can carry up to 160 kg due to an especially stable window-pane

Stand-by-function controlled by 0/10V

Sound-controlled via built-in microphone

35Kg 700 x 700 x 210mm

http://www.terralec.com/product_images/info/prd%7B1E640767-DF75-49E6-8FAD-0131811C93D4%7D.jpg

http://www.terralec.com/product_images/info/prd%7BB1CBE3BA-FDF3-4AA7-91E9-5A4B3469FB71%7D.jpg

Hope ive Helped <_<

John Partridge

a quick beware - there have been issues in keeping the lamps alive, as the cooling system isn't that great.

Best to install where "quality" and regular maintenance is realistic.

May seem obvious, but worth noting.

Hi , yes the item you are looking for is KU-BO FLOOR LIGHT (HMI 575)

found at KU-BO Floor Light

I found myself thinking "Now THERE'S something a little different to suggest to those interminable dance school shows asa different effect for them to use...." and then I checked John's link to Teralec and saw the price.....

£1209!!!!

Mind changed very quickly! (It's not THAT impressive!!)

<_<

Yah, after so many years I figured the price would have come down by now. Sadly disappointed.

It would be nice to see a quality company make a similar high-quality product. I've never even seen one of these in action... I'm going by photos here. heh

CJ

TerraSin, I was just going to possibly make you love me even more (only in a manly way of course!) by saying that we've got one that hardly ever goes out because the thing's so damned heavy and I could possibly be persuaded to part with it, but then looked at your profile and realised you're in the US. Not very convenient for me in the UK!

They're good units as they do something nicely different from your standard moving lights, but reliability is definitely an issue with them.

I think I saw someone selling a very similar product (possibly a Far Eastern copy?) on the UK ebay site a while back for something like £500 or less (new). Might be worth a search.

TerraSin, I was just going to possibly make you love me even more (only in a manly way of course!) by saying that we've got one that hardly ever goes out because the thing's so damned heavy and I could possibly be persuaded to part with it, but then looked at your profile and realised you're in the US. Not very convenient for me in the UK!

They're good units as they do something nicely different from your standard moving lights, but reliability is definitely an issue with them.

I think I saw someone selling a very similar product (possibly a Far Eastern copy?) on the UK ebay site a while back for something like £500 or less (new). Might be worth a search.

Thanks Mark, I'll take a look on ebay. If I could get one for £500 or so it might be worth the cost of shipping. Quality was my other concern because it's a company I've never heard of before which sends up the red flags. When in the middle of a show, you need things to work without hitch and from what's been said tells me that there might be some issues. I expected the weight though because it needs to be strong enough to hold a person. That doesn't bother me as we usually have hands to haul things and it would get a flight case anyway. I'm actually supprised to see someone here has one.

As for the LED floor, I considered it before and decided it didn't have the effects I was looking for. It's just too much disco for my liking. heh

CJ

Archived