Fixture Library

b1nuzz

Guest mattladkinlx

Sorry I did misunderstand your question!

Not sure about patching 16 bit "fine" attributes either.

Matt

how do you patch to attribute 3.3x there is no x key on my console!

The 'x' key is on the keyboard.....

You DO have a keyboard plugged into the desk, yes??

Use the parameters in the fixture library on the patch screen. (pulled directly from .lib file so sorry for the formatting!)

Use the number to the left as the control I.e Channel 2 pan would be 2.3 and tilt 2.4 and patch directly into the fixture.

I.e 201 @ 2.2 (would put DMX channel 201 as the colour attribute for channel 2)

Hmmm...

I meant to try this when at the theatre earlier today, but forgot! If I get chance, I'll have a look tomorow.

Can we actually set DMX channels in this way? Now you put it that way, I seem to recall that's how you set up scrollers (haven't used any in awhile, so memory lapses abound!! :blink:)

If so, then Matt is probably right, so the manual patch would be something like this: (assuming you use DMX channels 201 thru 220)

201 @ 101 * (dimmer 1 etc)

202 @ 102 *

203 @ 103 *

204 @ 104 *

205 @ 105 * (global pan coarse)

206 @ 106 * (global pan fine)

207 @ 107 * (global tilt coarse)

208 @ 108 * (global tilt fine)

209 @ 101.3 (chan 1 pan coarse)

210 @ 101.x3 (chan 1 pan fine)

211 @ 102.3 (chan 2 pan coarse)

212 @ 102.x3 (chan 2 pan fine)

213 @ 103.3 (chan 3 pan coarse)

214 @ 103.x3 (chan 3 pan fine)

215 @ 104.3 (chan 4 pan coarse)

216 @ 104.x3 (chan 4 pan fine)

I can't see a way around the global pan/tilt settings being anything other than assignable as discrete channels on their own, but this at least gives you a partial 'fix' linking the individual pan controls to the channels...

tony

201 @ 101 * (dimmer 1 etc)

202 @ 102 *

203 @ 103 *

204 @ 104 *

205 @ 105 * (global pan coarse)

206 @ 106 * (global pan fine)

207 @ 107 * (global tilt coarse)

208 @ 108 * (global tilt fine)

etc...

200 patch to channel 1 (Spot 1 intensity)

201 patch to channel 2 (Spot 2 intensity)

202 patch to channel 3 (Spot 3 intensity)

203 patch to channel 4 (Spot 4 intensity)

204 patch to channel 5.3 (Global Pan)

205 patch to channel ?

206 patch to channel 5.4 (Global Tilt)

207 patch to channel ?

208 patch to channel 1.3 (Spot 1 pan)

209 patch to channel 1.? (Spot 1 pan fine)

210 patch to channel 2.3 (Spot 2 pan)

etc...

They look fairly similar!?*! :blink:

Thanks for the info on the 'x' key Ynot! I didn't think of that (yes I do have a keyboard), but did you read the full thread before posting?

Ok guys, can someone please confirm that I have got my head around this right:

If I set the unit to DMX address 200 I can patch and want to be able to control it at 200, I can patch;

200 @PATCH 200

201 @PATCH 201

202 @PATCH 201

203 @PATCH 203

204 @PATCH 204.3

205 @PATCH 204.x3

206 @PATCH 204.4

207 @PATCH 204.x4

and so on... Would this only leave me controls on the wheel or would this work on the trackball and rotarys?

Im confused, sorry guys.

Ben

<snipped> etc...

200 patch to

<snipped>

etc...

They look fairly similar!?*! ;)

Ummm....

Yeah - you're right!

Think I missed that big set of numbers in all the othersets of numbers....! :D

At least we agree....!

Thanks for the info on the 'x' key Ynot! I didn't think of that (yes I do have a keyboard),
Glad I helped out there! :blink:
but did you read the full thread before posting?

Hmm.... Obviously not well enough.....! :)

not very far! Have done all the patching on the desk, I seem to have a tilt on all channels, and appear to have global pan and tilt.

However, I was unable to enter an "x" from the keyboard. It said "key cannot be accepted". Any ideas?

I am unable to get hold of the actual unit, so I have no idea if it works or not.

not very far! Have done all the patching on the desk, I seem to have a tilt on all channels, and appear to have global pan and tilt.

However, I was unable to enter an "x" from the keyboard. It said "key cannot be accepted". Any ideas?

I am unable to get hold of the actual unit, so I have no idea if it works or not.

Interesting point....

I've only ever used'x' when assigning attributes to an entry in the fixture library so the useof the 'x' when directly assigning channels to a direct patch was (I admit) theoretical.

I've not yet managed to get myself any timeon our desk to see what options there are, but will do as soon as I can.

TD

hopefully tomorrow I will be able to take the desk to where the fixture is, so I might be in luck. And im just wondering if I can live without a fine pan and tilt. I guess it will just be hard to posistion exactly.

Ill let you know how it goes, but if you get time YNOT, the help will be appreciated.

Thanks

And im just wondering if I can live without a fine pan and tilt. I guess it will just be hard to posistion exactly.

It may not be necessary, to be honest - depends on how coarse the coarse control is.....

TD

as the heads can only go a max of around 180 degrees - this divided by the 8 bit accuracy may well be plenty - after all - 8 bit on a pan that can do 570 degrees isn't that bad for shorter throws - dived that by three and I'd guess it would be fine?

max of around 180 degrees - this divided by the 8 bit accuracy may well be plenty - after all - 8 bit on a pan that can do 570 degrees isn't that bad for shorter throws - dived that by three and I'd guess it would be fine?

Keh?

Im guessing your saying it should be OK

Finally managed to get to the unit...

and.....

Officially didnt work...

The lanterns came on and off fine, but the pan and tilts across the baord caused the heads to 'glitch'. It didnt work at all.

The only way I could get it to work was to just litterally wheel the different channels.

So;

'206 @ wheel' allowed me to wheel round the global tilt.

Guess this all didnt work then.

Thanks guys

Archived