your help please

Kurdt_01

where is the best place to put Sennheiser

MKE-2 microphones to get the best performance

It depends what you are doing with them. They can be used for speech and instruments. There is generally no one best place to put a mic. All instruments are different as are all people, especially when they are wearing a costume (the people, not the instruments).

I would suggest borrowing a volunteer and playing with them. Sit and listen to the mic on a pair of cans whilst someone moves them around your 'victim'. There is no substitute for experience.

As for securing them, if it's onto skin the traditional way is to use 3m Micropore tape or sticking plasters. I know people that swear by the other type of 3m surgical tape (I forget the name, but it has a stronger adhesive and a kind of cross-hatched texture to it - anyone remember the exact name?) which is stronger but doesn't accept make-up quite as well.

if attaching the mic head to the performer's face, use a little bit of (double sided) toupee tape. then use the micropore to secure the mic cable to the neck, remembering to allow a little bit of slack so the performer can move their head!

if attaching the mic head to the performer's face, use a little bit of (double sided) toupee tape. then use the micropore to secure the mic cable to the neck, remembering to allow a little bit of slack so the performer can move their head!

I had one guy once who sweated so much no tape would hold, he ended up spirit gumming the tape to his head... OW!

the other type of 3m surgical tape (I forget the name, but it has a stronger adhesive and a kind of cross-hatched texture to it

Just found a roll at home (another one for the amnesty...) and it's called Transpore. Thank you.

Archived