Where is the money  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where is the money

• Lighting
    • Sound
    • SM
    • PM
    • Theatre managment

Thinking about theatre, the people who've made the most money are the producers (Mackintosh, Kenwright etc.), the directors (Nunn, Eyre, Mendes etc.) and the actors (Pru Scales, Gary Wilmot etc.) - oh and their relevant agents! I think anyone who's going into the technical side of theatre in search of the big bucks is sadly misguided unless they really hit the big time (and there's not many of them)...

Yes, corporate jobs do tend to pay better than theatre - although, as you say, they can be mind-mashingly dull and tedious (I spent the whole of Tuesday sitting in an NHS Modernisation Agency conference, and it was so mind-bogglingly boring I can't actually remember one single point that was discussed. :) And for a change I've just spent today in Roundhay Park in Leeds making big things go 'bang' a long way up in the air - much less money, but much more fun! :)

or Simon Cowell or Simon Fuller's bank accounts .... ker ching !!

or Brian May's or Angus Youngs's bank account .....kkerrrang!!!

Oh very good ... I like that one :)

PS there's only one 'k' in kerrang ! I used to buy the mag myself years ago but since I matured (allegedly) I now subscribe to Classic Rock :)

PS there's only one 'k' in kerrang !    I used to buy the mag myself years ago but since I matured (allegedly) I now subscribe to Classic Rock  :)

But surely May and Young now fall squarely under the heading of classic?!

I watched that show, very good indeed :)

Ta v. much! Dunno where you were standing, but if you were just to the left of the stage and were able to see a figure in a red overall and white helmet scurrying around the shell racks at the back of the firing site, that was me!

Couldnt get to where they were firing it though to be nosy† :)

You'd have had a job pushing through the crowd, I think - apparently there were abount 50,000 punters on-site. The first ones started to arrive just as we finished setting up at about 6pm - for an 8.30pm display! Fools!

Archived