Spirits bottles

Dan Dee

Hi all. I'm trying to get some bottles for high quality spirits, I.e Johnny Walker, the more expensive brandies vodkas etc. I've tryed getting pubs to give me their empties, but these are usually the bog standard Smirnoff, Bells etc.. The Johnny Walker website has no contact details listed ( clever of them) so I wondered if anyone had any ideas. I don't need the alchohol, just the bottles and labels! :)

Well, Walkers were traditionally based in Kilmarnock - not exactly the idyllic highland location you usually see in whisky adverts. Factory looks like any red brick warehouse/industrial site, and is on Hill St, Kilmarnock, just opposite the old Kilmarnock Infirmary.

Now part of the Diageo group.

But I'd persevere with hotels, rather than pubs. Make sure you talk to the right person - start at the bottom. When I was in my early teens, I had a job working at weekends in a local hotel, sorting out the empty bottles, putting the returnable ones in the right crates, and then stocking the bar shelves. Of course, there are fewer returnable bottles these days....

Maybe do a Ring round the Drama Schools, They tend to have oddities and eccentrics, although it may take you a day to get enough of a set.

Also I know All Props have quite a good selection in their bar section at the end of their building, may be worth giving them a ring too.

All Props - 020 8993 1625

• 4 weeks later...
Try posh hotels as they tend to do better quality sprirts.

Hay I work in a so called "posh" hotel going by the name of fourseasons (five star) and the sprits are all the cheapish ones

Archived