Mac250 and Strand 300

gingertom

Ok, I've been a good boy and done the google thing, but am still having issues!

This is the sketch:

I'm running out of Universe 2 on the 300 into a ChromaQ 8way PSU, then out to a daisy chain of 5 Mac250s with a terminator in the final unit. The problem is the last 2 in the chain are sat "twitching" slightly on P & T. I've tried bypassing earlier units in the chain to see if thats the issue, I've checked they're all sat in mode 4 etc., I've tried swapping out the cable runs, and am now hitting a bit of a wall.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a known weakness in this set up, e.g the ChromaQ PSU puts out dirty mux?

Any thoughts gratefully recieved!

I'm confused. You've described 50% of a good troubleshooting procedure, and then stopped short of bypassing the Chroma-Q PSU, and instead asked us about it? Why not unplug the Chroma Q and see? Also try plugging up the macs in a different order. Is it those two units, or whichever units are last in the chain?

Any hope of putting the Chroma Q last in the circuit?

Thanks for the responses. I was asking for suggestions to see if there were known problems or similar experiences. My fault finding is normally bob on, but I have limited access to the venue, and was hoping someone might have one of those nuggets of wisdom that turn up frequently here!

Archived