Darkness Tour

Elwell2004

Lighting Was by Neg Earth (sp?) - from what I saw looked like around 100 Mac 2000 Profiles and Washes, 30-40 Atomic 3000, moles across the front and hundreds of parcans, the ones behind the stage with colour scrollers. pars were powered from 3 avolites racks - looked like the old FD Series with lighting controlled by 2 operators from a hog and a Grand MA both with a backup desk.

There were something like 14 flames around the stage

Sound was by Skan - V'Dosc with Arcs at the base. D&B Side Fills and a v'dosc centre fill all run from labgrubben amps - I think I counted 12 amp racks

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask though I can only know from what I saw

Lighting Was by Neg Earth (sp?) - from what I saw looked like around 100 Mac 2000 Profiles and Washes, 30-40 Atomic 3000, moles across the front and hundreds of parcans, the ones behind the stage with colour scrollers. pars were powered from 3 avolites racks - looked like the old FD Series with lighting controlled by 2 operators from a hog and a Grand MA both with a backup desk.

51 MAC 2k profiles

33 MAC 2k washes

15 Atomic 3000 strobes

18 High End Studio Beam PC

280 PAR 64

14 x 4 Bars ACLs (56)

12 x 8 lite mole

6 x 4 lite mole

6 x 4lite wybron coloram scrollers

56 x PAR 64 wybron coloram scrollers

2 x GrandMA + 3NSP

2 x HOG 2 + 1 wing

12 way kinesys Vector motion control system

and 4... yes 4 AVO FD dimmer racks (3 x 72way and 48)

oh yeah, and some speaker boxes and pyro stuff... :rolleyes:

Feel free to add any lampy orientated questions.

F.

Were you using all four desks, or is it two spares for two running? I assume the generics were on one, and the nodding buckets were on the other - which way round?

And there's nothing to be ashamed about with the old Avo dimmers. Tried and tested!

Were you using all four desks, or is it two spares for two running? I assume the generics were on one, and the nodding buckets were on the other - which way round?

Not quite so simple, the GrandMA had most of the rig including generics which were merged with control from the HOG 2 the hog also had the Front Truss movers and floor PC beams. The 2nd GranfMA was running as a networked tracking backup and the second HOG 2 was midi linked to the first to act as a backup.

And there's nothing to be ashamed about with the old Avo dimmers. Tried and tested!

Tried and tried again, very relaible.

F.

PS. I was trying to avoid mentioning the tits.... :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, why run it off two desks, surely something like the Grand MA could have coped with the rig on its own and this would have made programming easier, having just one desk to set up?

Excuse my ignorence, I'm a noise boy at heart

Cheers

John

Just out of interest, why run it off two desks, surely something like the Grand MA could have coped with the rig on its own and this would have made programming easier, having just one desk to set up?

Excuse my ignorence, I'm a noise boy at heart

Cheers

John

You're quite correct and that would have been my preference, however the lighting designer prefered to split up the control. It probably also saved a bit of programming time in the very short rehersal period we had too.

F

So let me get this straight, he has a grand ma acting as a slave to the hog II is that correct. Also who is the ld as on the last US darkness tour the ld insisted on a virtuoso I do believe and would not take a hog II period. Any info appreciated

No.

The GrandMA had most of the rig including generics which were merged with control from the HOG 2 the hog also had the Front Truss movers and floor PC beams. The 2nd GranfMA was running as a networked tracking backup and the second HOG 2 was midi linked to the first to act as a backup.

Seems to sum it up for me.

Archived