Theatre Work

Firstly, not quire sure if this is in the correct forum - it might need moving <_<

I'm currently in 6th form studying AS-levels, and I'm looking for some work (paid or unpaid) in a theatre, in order to gain more experience. I was about to send a covering letter/CV to theatres in the area (Newcastle), but I was just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions before I do so?

Nah, CV and covering letter is a good starting point - but follow it up with a phone call a week or two later. "Just calling to check you've received my CV ... would be happy to pop in for a chat if you'd like ...", etc.

Oh, one more thing - in the spirit of another topic that's currently running elsewhere on this forum, make sure your letter and CV are well-written and spelled correctly! <_<

A letter to whom? What for?

Theatres to try and get work experience/work?

What are your thoughts?

Also, as said before, it's quite important how you spell and use grammar and punctuation.... ;)

How about a short 'bio' section, then a bit about your experience and why you'd benefit the technical team at the theatre you're applying for, and then perhaps a short (emphasis: short ) section on past performances and experience? Maybe keep it down to 1 page, 1.5 tops?

David

I don't see why grammar should be perfect on here anyway's <snip>

Because it's quite possible that your future employer is here and reading your posts.

If you act like an idiot here, they may assume that you'd be like that in real life.

Before you say "That's not likely" - I found my first full-time job through the Blue Room.

Archived