Comm. System Advice

cmar

The one really useful thing about a cleverer cans system is the ability to turn off mics that have been left on! I really wish the tecpros could do this!
The new Clear Com RS 600 series beltpacks, which replace the 500 series, have remote mic kill, as well as a lot of other features not available on any other system, including RTS (till now the only remote mic off system). The pack can be programmed via computer, with up to 4 setups stored onboard. There is mic volume control in the setup, as well as limiter settings, and 2 different eq settings. Talk switches can be programmed to latch or not latch. There is also a model which is RTS compatible if you want to use RTS SAPs like the SAP612 to assign channels. I have used the RTS compatible, and they are very nice.

http://www.clearcom.com/products/party-line/beltpacks.html

Mac

It's worth pointing out that Tecpros appear the most common system in the UK - clearcom, while leader in the US and other places doesn't feature heavily here. Canfords Tecpro isn't cheap, but apart from the lamps, which die regularly - usually when the pack is dropped - they are pretty bomb proof.

Ahem.

Not sure if many of you's guys have noticed, but the OP is in Canada, I believe, so I'd suspect the most logical option over there as a 'standard' is Clearcom....... :)

Ahem.

Not sure if many of you's guys have noticed, but the OP is in Canada, I believe, so I'd suspect the most logical option over there as a 'standard' is Clearcom....... :)

Er, quite right, Ynot! The OP doesn't have his location in the info displayed by the post and I didn't dig into his profile.

The Blueroom really is becoming more international (which is great to see) but since it started its life as a UK forum, maybe we need a policy for non-UK members to mention their locale when asking advice.

...and, for what it's worth, in North American I agree 100% that Clearcom is the way to go. It's market dominant and rider-friendly.

Bob

My experience with Beyer headsets is that unless you modify them they limit you in ear choice. If you open up the boom hinge you can break off the stopper that limits the boom, but out of the box it is only 1 ear. Are they different in the UK?

All the ones I use are rather battered headsets from hire companies that have almost certainly had the stopper broken off.

Re sweaty ear, I don't have much trouble with it. But it is another reason I like to be able to change ear.

Hi, we have an events production company here and have 18 ASL beltpacks + headphones and two master stations. we have found them to be reliable in the last two years of usage. The headphones are quite lightweight which put me off a bit when I first bought them, but I found that they are actually more comfortable in use than beyer or Canford/techpro systems. The call button has an audible alarm too if pressed for more than a couple of seconds.

Archived