Varilite 2416 wash

DSA

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone knew much about this unit (VL 2416 wash). In particular, how it would compare to a City Colour in the architectural lighting of a painted (cream/white) wooden ceiling. They are much cheaper to hire than a city colour - and if the effect achieved could be similar, then I think they may be a good option on a fairly tight budget.

Thanks in advance,

David

Obviously this won't really compare to a City Colour, but if it's not a huge throw it might be worth looking at the Palco LED floods. You would need more of them but they're quite good for internal use (small, low power draw, cool). They are also IP65 rated I believe.

PRG stock them...

If it's the same shed then the 2416 will be fine, stipple lens and frost all way in the coverage is great. Although not the intensity of a city colour, but better for a shorter throw. Another option is Mac 600's with the 65 degree lenses.

"PRG stock them..." so do Fineline and Utopium and they are local...

Regards

Tim

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like they will do the job. It is indeed the same shed.

Mac 600/65 degree would also do it - but the 2416 is the model that has been suggested to me. The throw would be up to 10m, for indoor use.

Thanks again,

David

Archived