Simple lighting planning software

j_pilborough

Hi I'm looking for a simple lighting planning software since my freehand skills are rubbish.

I tried MicroLux but it's really too complex for what I want to do, you have to choose the exact make of lantern and the ones I'm working with are quite old, so they are not on there. I've also tried a few CAD programs but thats not what I'm looking for either. I'm used to learning how to use complex pieces of software, but I don't want to waste my time learning how to use something far too complicated for my needs.

Anybody know of some free software which will let me easily wack a few symbols(lighting symbols obviously) on a grid and then print it out?

Hi I'm looking for a simple lighting planning software since my freehand skills are rubbish.

I tried MicroLux but it's really too complex for what I want to do...

Haven't you just described a basic drawing program, like Paint? Ok - you might have to spend a bit of time getting some symbols and drawing a grid or whatever....but you would only do it once.

Years ago - I scanned my plastic stencils rather than draw them...

Try it, if you've got a PC you should already have it.

Regards,

Andy

Just looked at Amcad...Just what it says on the tin.

This topic has already been thoroughly covered several times in the past - a quick and simple search through the BR archives would have revealed this, this, this, and several other topics covering this very question.

This thread is therefore now closed. If you have any further questions, please append them to one of the topics that already exists .... and, as per this guide to asking a question on a public forum, please remember to search before posting in the future.

:P

Archived