Lightin Design Software

kalmatthew

Well you could do worse than to look for TurboCAD 4 LE edition (downloadable someone on the web. Try a search on Google while I'll try to find the link myself) and the CAD symbols from Modelbox.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks alot I now have turboCAD LE but was wandering if anyone could tell me if there is a pocket PC version or at least compotaible program again preferably free

If there is, you'll find it on the Turbocad website.

If not, Turbocad (the full version, leastways - not sure about LE) will output in almost every file format you can think of, including the old favourites .dxf and .dwg - I'm sure there must be a freeware or shareware viewer for these on the Pocket PC platform.

Try looking at Wysiwyg Report Student Edition it is a 2D CAD package that will also do all of your paperwork.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly at AC Lighting, (andy.mahaffey@aclighting.com) (Tel 01494 838325)

Best Regards

Andy.

Andy Mahaffey

AC Lighting Ltd.

As per last post, forgot to mention current price on Wysiwyg Report

Student edition is £75.00 + VAT.

For those of you wondering Yes this is the full version of Wysiwyg Report. No catches!

Andy Mahaffey

AC Lighting ltd

Tel 01494 838325

Email andy.mahaffey@aclighting.com

I'm also looking at getting Turbocad.  Gareth are you using the standard version or the pro version?  As far as I can tell, the standard version should be quite adequate for 2d plans.

I'm still using version 6 (I've never needed to upgrade any further, it does everything I need it to do and is very stable), which didn't come in the same variations/flavours that it does these days. I have the 2D version, not the 3D one (which I guess corresponds to the current 'Standard' version).

For those of you wondering Yes this is the full version of Wysiwyg Report. No catches!

But you can't do orthographic view, can you? Or any of the 3D stuff, which I find useful in the design stage...shame :P

Thanks alot I am guesing that WYSIWYG Report is just a 2D design package were I can plot my lights on bars with names, circuit numbers, Gel colours and numbers and socket number? If so this sounds perfect thanks for the hints I shall think about investing in it.

Matthew

Matthew,

You are correct in saying that the package is a 2D design package, however the paperwork side of it is far more than just circuit numbers, gel numbers etc etc.

It comprises of a fully intergrated spreadsheet layout that replicates everything you do in the CAD mode equally you can change anything in the spreadsheet and it will be reflected instantly in the CAD mode. The spreadsheet pulls together a vast amount of information and can be modified to suit pretty much every requirement you may need.

Feel free to call me or email me directly and I will send you out a demo CD, you can then try the full range of Wysiwyg software, being able to do everything apart from print, save and hook a console up to the software. I'm sure you'll appreciate the reasons why these sections have been locked out.

Look foward to hearing from you.

Regards

Andy.

Andy Mahaffey

AC Lighting Ltd.

Tel: 01494 838325

Email: andy.mahaffey@aclighting.com

Archived