Unusally good deal at the moment

Pete Alcock

I'm slightly hesitatnt as posting this, for fear it breaches "non-commercial" rules of BR, but I just wanted to share a good deal I've seen. I have absolutely no connection with the strore concerned.

Richer Sounds are flogging off JBL Control 1s at £39.95 a pair. Struck me as pretty good (if you happen to like Control 1s of course).

Peter - please delete this if it is offensive.

Cheers,

Pete.

Richer Sounds are flogging off JBL Control 1s at £39.95 a pair. Struck me as pretty good (if you happen to like Control 1s of course).

That is a pretty good deal - I recently bought some (for work) for £120 (ex vat) from Canford (yes, yes, I know...) They're pretty bullet proof monitors that don't sound too shabby either.

They were £60 two weeks ago, I might just have to get myself some. I don't have a hifi but they'd be better on the PC than these tiny little unbranded pieces of junk I currently use. Just have to find a suitable amp now...

These are most likely the control 1X, same box but with less powerful drivers! 39... would be a realistic cheap end price for the x model. a quick look on ebay will give you the idea of the specs of the two different versions of the control 1

I saw this a couple of days ago and got myself a pair today. Interestingly, theyre still selling them for £70 a pair in store unless you tell them you looked at the website!

I'm not too sure about them; did JBL send them to be manufactured in china a few years back so the price dropped? The models I got for £40 are rated at 100WRMS - I can't say much more at the mo.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of pairs for eBay in the near future as well - could be a good investment!

Archived