Anyone worked with this system yet

flypig

I would assume camera above. Actually, it is probably based on the same technology as the Sony I-toy, only being used from a ceiling with a projector. All in all, I cannot see much use for it unless it could be made on a larger scale to act in 3 dimentions with some form of 3d projection system. The resolution seems to be quite low too, as well as the accuracy.

Apparently your on the right track Mac.

An A/V company here in Sydney should be getting one in some time in the next couple of weeks that I can have a look at.

As far as I can find out so far, there is a camera (overhead) lined up with the projector lens. The camera 'reads' the projected image. When someone breaks or disturbs the field of the camera it alters the signal to the projector accordingly. I'm told that ambient light levels are it's biggest problem (fairly low), however, knowing this you can adapt accordingly.

My question is: whether it could be boosted to work with an LED wall? If you think about it, although it has a novelty value at the moment given time and a bit of fiddling, who knows what we could do with it.

From my original post I guess the answer is 'No' and no one has worked with it yet, so, I'll keep you posted, and thanks for responding.

As I said, if it could be expanded to work with the 3rd dimention, and the accuracy increased, I think such a system would be extreamly useful - the medical and educational avenues alone are huge. HOWEVER that said, as far as the entertainment industry as it stands, I can see minimal use. Maybe disco's would have use for it, in its current 2d form, but whether it would be truely appreciated is another issue. I think that museums etc could implement it, and I am sure there are interesting promotional uses. Another issue I see is the fact that you are limited in size if you do not want to black out the entire area in shadows.

Guest lightnix

:mods: - Off topic bickering removed (4 posts in all). If you want to dig at each other, please do it via PM or on MSN.

Please also note that if an reply is not immediately forthcoming, it's not that you're being ignored, it's just a rare situation where nobody here has a quick answer.

We now return you to normal service...

Tried it out at Plasa and whitelite installed one in the center of manchester of the christmas holidays.

Shame no-one has thought of a decent use other tahn walknig through a fish tank or walking through leaves. I'm sure it has great potential its just no one has really used it well to my knowledge yet.

Its done with a camera from what I found out.

There arent any problems with light, the projector that was in manchester worked damn well even will all the florries on in the shopping center.

Kids love it !!

Interesting to me, if only because I'm working on two entirely different projects that both use the same concept, although the ones I'm working on involve custom written patches for Isadora and make more use of triggered video images than the computer generated stuff.

Shame no-one has thought of a decent use other than walking through a fish tank or walking through leaves. I'm sure it has great potential its just no one has really used it well to my knowledge yet.
There are several people using similar systems all based on the same technology - Myron. One set of examples can be seen here. It gets used for a variety of artistic and educational purposes Another example of purposeful use is Banabi

Archived