The Kitchen

Ben

I have just been informed that I have a production meeting on friday morning where I am taking the role of chief LX on the play "The Kitchen" by Arnold Wesker. after a lot of phoning round for a script I have found that it is out of print and no one seems to have any left. so my question is does anyone know of anywhere I can get a copy the quicker the better, I am happy to print off a copy but I cant find it online. I am happy to pay for a copy even if it means printing it myself such as an e-book but again I have drawn a blank.

can anyone please help? none of the theatre bookstores in london seem to have it nor the second hand stores.

any help much apretiated

Ben

sorry didnt explaine fully, its a production at Central, I may be able to get a copy from them but have only found out today what the play is as I did not recieve the details when they were sent out. as far as I can tell there are no copies in any libary anywhere near me and I woudl think that due to it being out of print all of centrals copies will be out by now :D

I have tried every bookstore I could think of and google has turned up nothing

Firstly, if it's a college production, surely the college should provide you with the script?

Secondly, if you were the LD I'd understand why you need a script - but why do you need one as Chief LX? Surely all you need is the paperwork that the designer generates (plans, sections, etc.), from which you can then go and make the design happen?

while it is true I do not "need" a copy of the script it is im my experiance a good idea to have at least read the script before working on a show if possible.

I will have a look at the site mentioned and I have a possible lead on a copy in london.

thanks for all the replies.

Ben

CSS are going to go down in my estimation if they really can not find you a copy of the script for a show you are working on. You should not have to buy your own. It's not like you are going to need it for the whole production period - just for an evening or two to read it.

this is not somthign that central have told me I must have and as I said above I have not yet been able to speak to them about getting it. I WANT a copy and this is not a problem with central who will in this case im sure as they are in all such cases help in any way possible.

central do everythign they can to suport us in every way. the tutors are aproachable and will do all they can to help sort out anything we ask them. to say that central has gone down in your oppinions is unfair. there are few things that are done badly at central and for those that we feel are not done in the best way we have means of feedback that are taken into consideration while planing takes place. the courses are ever changing and the tutors do in my oppinion do everything they can to make sure that all changes are for the better.

so please can we keep this on subject and leave comments like

CSS are going to go down in my estimation
out of it?

Um, what I said was "CSS are GOING to go down in my estimation IF they can not sort you out a script". It would appear from your last post, Ben, that they will be able to do this and therefore my estimation can remain untouched.

I commend your conscientiousness in trying to get hold of a copy to read regardless of whether you have to or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived