Arcline

b1nuzz

Next to the two controlers, there are three tubes left. I just posted here because I have absolutely no idea if they are still anything worth and hoped you could give me an idea of.

I found an american second hand site where one controller was offered for $4.000,-- and a swiss settled page offering them still for 500 SFr... But I think that is absolutely weird. :unsure:

Sorry if I made a mistake by placing my question!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I use the Soundlab copy of Arcline in a club ( about 20 metres worth split 2 ways on a simultaneous chase ringing the dancefloor )

It s amazing and blows away all other lights regardless of their cost ! - I use it on song choruses ..

I ve been at the club DJ ing and doing lights and sound - I own the equipment -for many years.. Selling up soon if anyone's interested the arcliney effexts etc ..

There s a youtube excerpt of the club in action..

I think the Soundlabs tubes come on @ 40 seconds into the video- not great quality vid due to camera but gives an idea of the vibe

Has anyone got any pictures/videos of Arcline in action?

I will try and get one today.

Arcline is cracking stuff, gutted you can't get any more! Although I've just remembered I've got a spare couple of tubes sitting unused - time to expand I think! :)

I use the Soundlab copy of Arcline in a club ( about 20 metres worth split 2 ways on a simultaneous chase ringing the dancefloor )

It s amazing and blows away all other lights regardless of their cost ! - I use it on song choruses ..

I ve been at the club DJ ing and doing lights and sound - I own the equipment -for many years.. Selling up soon if anyone's interested the arcliney effexts etc ..

There s a youtube excerpt of the club in action..

I think the Soundlabs tubes come on @ 40 seconds into the video- not great quality vid due to camera but gives an idea of the vibe

... Congratulations! Although if you're offering advice this thread has been quiet for a good few months.

Alternatively if you're advertising to sell you may do better in the classifieds section. Although I'm not sure if you'd get much response, your link advertises the gear as being used at the "BIGGEST WEEKLY HOTEL EVENT IN THE WORLD OUTSIDE LAS VEGAS" which may mean it's a bit too 'high end' for most of the blue-roomers.

• 6 years later...

Ive never had any problems on proper 3 core IEC and a "real" controller!

ok - so which colours did you link to which from the 4 at the back of the controller please?

Back of our arcline control unit AL100 has 4 wires to a connection box which are coloured yellow, blue, brown and black. How should we connect the regular 3 core earth live & neutral to this connector box?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN BUGGING ME^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I AM A YANKEE IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!

I was wondering A) if anyone knows how I could get the wiring skematics for the old arc line systems.

AND

I need polarity/connection information. I have to make my own cords (mains etc.)

Kevin

kfcjock@hotmail.com

www.myspace.com/kfcjock

Sorry to necropost, but I feel this may help anyone who follows me here looking for the answer...

To connect the AL100 to a 3 pin iec, you need to connect brown to brown, blue to blue and Earth to yellow, but also jumper the black to the yellow so earth is connected to both.

This worked for me :)

Sorry to necropost, but I feel this may help anyone who follows me here looking for the answer...

To connect the AL100 to a 3 pin iec, you need to connect brown to brown, blue to blue and Earth to yellow, but also jumper the black to the yellow so earth is connected to both.

And never, ever, accidentally connect the Arcline to hard power (it being on standard IEC....). :o

Ask a guy who I knew years ago why.... ;)

And never, ever, accidentally connect the Arcline to hard power (it being on standard IEC....). :o

I had wondered what would happen... glad my curiosity didn't get he better of me!

I had wondered what would happen... glad my curiosity didn't get he better of me!

In a nutshell, I think there is a bit of 'crack', but essentially it just zaps all the arcline that's linked..... leaving you with just a nice blue plastic tube with some shiny bits in :(

Archived