Remote Mouse

ojc123

Google is like "deep thought" in Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, it's not a problem getting the answer, it's a problem of getting the right question!

How from people experiences how reliable are these USB over IP devices? Could you leave it working unattended for months on end?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

From my experience as long as your network is stable it should be fine, I can leave my USB to LAN bridge running for weeks and its fine,

I use a router to look after all of the DHCP addressing, it makes life a lot easier, but I do run a fixed IP address on the bridge, though you might want to restart the host PC every so often, they tend to get a bit unhappy if windows has been running for a while.

There is constant communication between the pc and the bridge, so you might want to put a separate switch between the pc and the bridge so that any other network traffic is not disrupted. if that makes sense?

Mk

Archived