Source Of Roundslings, Shackles Etc

Pete Alcock

Dear All,

Where is a good, (reasonably priced) source of roundslings, bow shackles and other related rigging hardware in the UK? I've tried all the usual suspects like AJS but they only tend to keep the commercial-grade bits and bobs. I'm after certified, swl stamped, pukka quality parts. Not 5 ton rated, or anything colossal, just 1m lightweight spansets and some small shackles

A search on google et al revealed about a hundred American rigging components stores. Exactly what I need, but 3000 miles away!

All the best,

Pete.

You really should get then from a rigging supplier, try either:

LGH Rigging - Have Lots of stock, if it's not in they'll get it and they will test it regularly too... (0208 215 1240)

or

A1 Ropes and Riggin

or

AC Lighting or TMB - both will get you what you want

regards

Tim

I use a very nice company called Rope Assemblies.

They are used to dealing with theatre companys.

They have next day delivery and are reasonably priced. All equipment comes stamped and with the proper certificates. They also work to the theatre standard of an eight time SWL as opposed to the construction five times SWL.

As far as I know (and I'm sure I will be corrected) they are the only company to supply Black strops (roundslings)

Rope Assemblies Limited

Hallcroft Industrial Estate

Retford

Notts

DN22 7PX

TEL: 01 777 700 714

E-mail: theatreropes@compuserve.com

good luck

kev :blink:

As far as I know (and I'm sure I will be corrected) they are the only company to supply Black strops (roundslings)

I can think of one other: G.Bridgehouse

There's probably more.

On a different note, I always purchase shackles way overspecced for the purpose (3 and quarter ton on 250kg points for example) for ease of working with. The cost difference is negligable, in exchange for a much less fiddly bit of kit.

Mmmmmm....I'm sure I've come across a really good supplier of theatre hardware somewhere - what was their name now....been around for years - ohhh it's on the tip of me tongue :D

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Mr AtHalls? :D

Archived