rs232

brownstuff

What do you mean by a "good" one? Simple to operate? Simple to configure? feature-rich? feature-sparse? (having just "on, off and input-select" is often desireable). Cheap?

There's some discussion on this subject HERE . As I said in that post, we've had some success with the Procon units, which give a very simple 4-8 button interface, and are ideal if you don't need the sophistication of an AMX/etc panel..

Bruce.

ps - first time I've used the [ t o p I c ] tag...

• 1 year later...
I second the vote for the procon units, did an install last year with 2 x 16 button and 2 x 8 button so giving a 24button system cloned at the lecturn and at the rack, I controlled house/stage lights, electric screes, projectors, pa, mic mutes, dvd/vhs/freview boxes, and powerpoint advance on a pc. there great units

Extron, Kramer and IkonAVS offer products that can be taught different RS232 commands, and have a range of differing buttons. Price wise it goes IkonAVS, Kramer Extron. Feature wise it's pretty much on an even par.

If you can give a few more requirements then between the products listed above and in the other posts between us we can probably suggest some suitable units that will achieve what you want.

Archived