London's 2005/6 New Year Display

Multi-meter

Guest lightnix

I saw it on TV and, for the first time in my life, wished I'd gone into London for the New Year - that was simply the most fantastic firework display I've ever seen :) :o :o

I especially liked the "total nuclear whiteout" finish :blink:

The BBC mentioned the designer (name forgotten) in it's coverage, apparently it was deliberately NOT done to music and conceived purely as a piece of pyrotechnic art, with it's own rhythm and for its own sake.

This year’s New Years Eve London fireworks display will be produced by the team responsible for the opening and closing ceremonies of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games. As a result, the area around London Eye and along South Bank will be a vibrant place to see in 2006.

according to the viewlondon website, so if anyone knows who that was....

The fireworks were designed by the rather wonderful Christophe Berthonneau of Groupe F under the production umbrella of Jack Morton, as mentioned before.

He also did last years NYE in London as well as the Athens Olympics. He first caught the eyes (and ears!) of the world with the Barcelona Olympics, the largest amount of pyro ever used up to that date!

The 'nuclear whiteout' was used last year too and is a bit of a trademark. The TV cameras loved it! :blink:

For anyone who is interested, the lighting was provided by stage electronics.

Are you sure, Looked alot like Vari-lites on the Eye and in the Pods, and I Know PRG were in there somewhere, I know Stage Electrics were involved last year, this year maybe both??

Also the Wireless DMX may have been supplied by Essential Lighting, The Avolites E DMX system.

<_<

Just to clear something up , Its Stage ELECTRICS , not Stage ELECTRONICS.

It's quite an easy mistake to make.

When Stage Electrics Newcastle took over Lighting Technology (previously Sound Electronics) it was frequently called Stage Electronics, and to this day I still hear it very regularly.

Sorry about going :) ish

Nick

Archived