Church PA Equipment

SceneMaster

I believe there are, Jon, a sister church a couple of villages away from me uses some laney ones, and AFAIK they're powered versions, as they've only got one amp, and that's for FOH.

(notice my amazing powers of deduction)...

I believe there are, Jon, a sister church a couple of villages away from me uses some laney ones, and AFAIK they're powered versions, as they've only got one amp, and that's for FOH.

(notice my amazing powers of deduction)...

Yes - I have a pair of powered Laney foldbacks - I think they cost somewhere around 350 for the pair IIRC.

Tim

Has there ever been a need for an induction loop for the hearing impaired?

Please ask what the church want for them to consider the system complete.

Also please consider that a competent system will need a skilled operator. Please ensure that there is good documentation so that -should you move away - someone else can use the system wisely. Spend say 5% of the total budget on writing a training manual for the kit, do several copies. Then, when the present church elders have long retired, the system will still be useable. Do some simple crib sheets, that non tech people can follow, that tell how to do the simple tasks then get them laminated or even engraved. Get all the plugs and sockets labelled so that the outboard end of all cables can be readily identified. Use specific and exclusive connectors where poss, ( I once had someone plug something up wrongly and blow a whole chip as they had fed a signal into the video output new chip £80 :rolleyes: plus fitting )

AFAIR it simply says that reasonable adjustment (typically AFILS or IR) should be made available. Fortunately, this is pretty easy in a church environment, unlike the various theartres I've checked out over the past few days ( and found to be utterly useless!!).

Simon

Archived