Projecting Video & Powerpoint & Application

jony*5

How do I Mix video (form VCR or a camcorder) with powerpoint or another windows program on a projector?

I've a Pc with Dual head matrox card, an NEC projector with VGA/A.video/sVHS inputs, and a sVHS VCR.

I don't have a camcorder yet. Will one with DV out be usefull? Can it work with a firewire card it the PC with some software, or do I need hardware??

Thanks

Unless your PC video card has a video out on svideo or composite, you're going to have to get a scan converter...which aren't cheap, I'm afraid.

Aside from that, you'll need a vision mixer (panasonics are nice) and all the relevant cabling. But it's the scan converter will cost you. Most AV companies can help you - where are you based?

Not sure if you could go the software route with firewire video into the PC and then mix it in the pc - I've never seen anything that does this.

OK

The matrox G400 dual head card has an analouge output option for the second head's output.

This can be configured to work in three ways...

1- As a direct clone of the PC display screen (o/p 1)

2- As a direct feed of a DVD playing in Matrox's software DVD programme

3- As a feed of a definable (needs defining keys configured in hotdesk) window onto your desktop)

The analouge output (if you kept the breakout lead) is in y/c (s-video) or composite mode - a simple vision mixer with y/c input would have to be hired (or bought) Say the Panasonic AVE55 (or similar)

Then you can use composite or y/c to the projector

Good Luck

Let us know how it goes..

James

Archived