gaf-fire

zonino

Isn't most gaffa tape pretty flame retardant when stuck down? I would tend to agree with Bryson.

Edit:

Just done a quick test on some standard stuff and it didn't go as well as expected. It caught fire (as expected when you hold a blow torch to it <_< ) but didn't extinguish when the heat source was removed.

Maybe there is more need for this product than expected!

http://tinypic.com/ibjfki.jpg

Note the picture above is of some pretty much bog standard stuff stuck firmly to a piece of ply.

Just done a quick test on some standard stuff and it didn't go as well as expected. It caught fire (as expected when you hold a blow torch to it <_< ) but didn't extinguish when the heat source was removed.

You've just discovered why Gaf-fire was invented! On regular tape the glue is often the problem. To see a real demo try it with your test gaffa tape up in the air (hint, put a bucket of water under it).

Used gaf-fire last week for taping down pyro cables near the flash pod.

Have had gaffa tape catch fire on a number of occasions during panto - esp when the heat from the pyros had dried out the gaffa tape a bit after a few shows. I got into the habit of replacing the gaffa tape after a few shows and also spraying it with flamebar to help prevent the situation of the fairy stamping on the gaffa-tape fire after her pyro has gone off!

Gaf-fire was great last week - no problems at all. Due to the cost I used it just close the pyros, after the fallout distance I used standard gaffa.

Archived