Architectural push button DMX controller ?

Whiskers

I need a simple DMX controller with lots of push buttons, to start house light fades and bring up scenes, must run fades independently or have some sort of global LTP, the facilities of an architectural system like UNISON but output to DMX and a Far East price

anyone know the answer?

Have seen the light processor paradim racks being run successfully from a push button controller for houselights.

YES that is paradim 's own secret protocol and not DMX,

I have to do this so we will not get locked in to one dimmer brand.

What dimming system do you have? Some have the facility to link in contact closures or button panels (Zero 88 Chilli, ETC to name two examples)

David

See above, I have to go non branded vanilla DMX for control, also none of the above will do as many fades or groups as I would like.

Not sure why the cagey response, have you actually got dimmers already? If so what are they? The more information you can share, the more likely people are to reply and help you out, make it easy for them!

Again, you are a bit sparse on the details of what you actually require ("as many fades or groups as I would like") - perhaps the right solution is a PC with a touch screen and onscreen buttons, to recall states, otherwise perhaps a Pulsar Masterpiece Outstation? http://www.pulsarlight.com/Products/LightingControlDesks/Masterpiece/MasterpieceOutstations/tabid/167/Default.aspx

An option like this could be merged through a DMX merge into your dimmers on a LTP basis?

David

Edit, beat to it.

Something like ArchiDMX might be suitable.

http://www.cogentlighting.com/datasheets/ArchiDMX-rev2-0111.pdf

You can put scenes on the buttons, and use the buttons to advance onto each scene. You can also put a chase on each button.

The buttons are RGB, and their colour is programmable, so they can reflect what that button is going to do / is currently doing.

The unit outputs DMX directly, so it doesn't matter what dimmers you use them with.

They also wireless communicate with each other, so if you have multiple units, they will keep in sync.

Archived