Spiral Stair Case

tomo2607

Im looking for a spiral staircase for our school performance of Beauty and the Beast. Ideally we need something about 6-7ft high that can be used for access to a fixed rostra. This is for the final Beast fight scene final transformation.

Also, if anybody is interested we have a larger 6ft harispray canister made from timber frame and plyboard with a functioning "spray" top for sale / hire...

If you have or know of a staircase for hire it would be greatly appreciated. Our other option is to build one ourselves however time and man hours are short.

You will find several bits available form the other thread, BUT the dimensions of a spiral stair determine the rise height and the orientation of top and bottom so you may have to make one part to get them to match. If the stair rises 6ft then it will not fit a 2m stage block!

We built a Hairspray canister for Hairspray (surprise surprise ;) ) last year, and it is still sitting backstage taking up space. If you are interested then here is an image and if you PM me I will give you the email adress to our Head of Drama, who you can talk to about it. The canister doesn't work at the moment, but I imagine it could easily be modified to fire out silly string or something similar.

Hope This Helps,

Charlie

Thanks for the replies, Ive found one or two threads on here regarding spiral stair cases but nothing that led anywhere. If it makes it easier then mods please feel free to merge the threads :)

As for the hair spray cannister, I think you miss read. We have one for hire / purchase. Thought id mention it in case there were any others out there who could do a swap for the run...

A local am dram company is doing "Beauty and the Beast" for their panto. I am not sure what the siet design is for the panto (they build all their own set). If you send me a PM with when your show is I can pass on the details of the Company's Stage Manager. Not sure if he is building a spiral staircase.

As for the hair spray cannister, I think you miss read. We have one for hire / purchase. Thought id mention it in case there were any others out there who could do a swap for the run...

My bad http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif Was in a rush and misread your post as looking for a Hairspray can instead of having one to get rid of http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Might be worth contacting Bristol Old Vic Theatre School - they bought a large metal sprial staircase a few years ago and cut it down to two sections, each of which gave a single floor rise. They used it for 'Company' and the sections were each mounted on trucks. Their production manager at the time bought it on e-bay!

Geraldine

Archived