Later... with Jools Holland

boac

Does anyone know who owns the lighting kit used on Later... with Jools Holland?

I assumed it would all be supplied by someone like RML/Finelight/etc but someone was telling me recently that the show had bought its own rig. That didn't sound right to me 'cos its beeb... or is there an external production company involved? Does anyone know for sure? Specifically, I'm interested in who owns the moving ACLs being used over Robbie's head last night.

Ta.

Not sure on Finelight, but RML told me they own NO generics, so either Finelight (if they do generics) probably did it, or its his own.

Only one performer I know of owns their own kit, and thats Status Quo who IIRC own their Marshall cabinets.....I could be wrong (probably am).

Well, I don't think any of it would be his, as in Jools Holland. We're not talking about the performer on tour, but a tv show which happens to be presented by a guy who is also a musician.

And we're not talking generics: Moving ACLs.

Does anyone know for sure?

Off topic, as nothing to do with who owns the kit, but I don't like the lighting on Jools Holland's latest series. "Later" used to be a music programme with minimal lighting requirements and few, if any strobes, but with the demise of TOTP it seems to be heading down in that direction. I guess I'll be digging out those Old Grey Whistle Test DVDs, then......

(I should say that I'm not completely anti big lighting and fancy effects, it's just nice to have a rest from it occasionally. To my cynical eyes, it all starts to look the same)

If Chris Rigby is still lighting it then it'll be his company Aurora providing the gear... they have both conventional and automated kit so they may have moving ACL's.

RML stilll so the christamas specials and TOTP.

The CS4's from Studio Due are available from Creative Staging in London

Regards

Tim

Most pro bands are endorsees...

Jim Marshall of Marshall amplifier fame was very clear that he never gave away or lent amplifiers for endorsement, if you wanted Marshall amplification you paid for it. Didnae do his sales or reputation any harm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived