MiniMAC Hire

timmiddleton

Don’t do it. I know you may be on a budget but seriously depending on what sort of event it is (if it is rock music event or something) then you better of hiring scanners of some sort which will be cheaper, easier to find somewhere to hire some decent ones from and produce a much better effect. MiniMacs are really crap… ok for discos maybe not really stage material. Doesn’t mean they are not good for there price and don’t have there right applications.

What type of event is it and aren’t you leaving it a bit late to be hiring?

Don’t do it. I know you may be on a budget but seriously depending on what sort of event it is (if it is rock music event or something) then you better of hiring scanners of some sort which will be cheaper, easier to find somewhere to hire some decent ones from and produce a much better effect. MiniMacs are really crap… ok for discos maybe not really stage material. Doesn’t mean they are not good for there price and don’t have there right applications.

What type of event is it and aren’t you leaving it a bit late to be hiring?

its for a play at the school where I work. we are having a 5 piece jazz combo that plays at various points in the play and it would be nice to have some movers shining up from just behind where they are sitting. I could get some Mac250s but I think they would be too obvious. ideally I don't want the lights themselves to be seen, only the beam, so I think minimacs would be better. Also, they dont need to be that bright as there is other lighting on the band anyway.

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?show...t=0entry83504

Everyone (including me) listed all the hire companies they could think of near Nottingham in that thread. And lets face it most hire companies will drive a long way to make money!

Not sure the minimacs will cut it with the rest of a rig coming in from the front ethier, would be tempted by some sort of 250W nodding bucket like the MAC250's you mention. maybe you could arrange with the set designer for them to be a bit hiddern?

Archived