Anti-Vibration Mounts

Mr.Si

Hi there all,

While this is related to sound, I thought that this was a more relevent place to put this inquiry.

I work for an acoustic consultancy and was wondering if anyone on here might beable to help me with the following:

Are there any antivibration mounts specifically designed for commercial speakers on the market? This is serious stuff, not just random foam.

The idea being that the speaker bracket fixes to the antivibration mount (AV mount) and the AV mount fixes to the wall or ceiling. But the speaker bracket does not have a single screw fixing to the wall, as this would cause a vibration bridge and thus compromise sound insulation between a pub/bar and the dwelling the other side of the party wall or separating floor/ceiling.

These AV mounts would need to have enough satic deflection to withstand the weight of the speakers mounted upon or from it, so that there is still resilience in the mount.

I know that there are general AV mounts for all purpose things, but was just wondering if anyone knew of "Speaker Specific" manufacturers of these sorts of things?

we've had accoustic hangers installed for a lighting grid to stop noise from adjacent space being transferred mechanically: perhaps these would work in reverse to stop vibration being transferred from speaker to structure? This would be no good for cantilevered brackets, but might work for suspension from the ceiling?

Archived