Next Pyro Course

Lincoln

• 3 weeks later...

I attended the course in London last Friday and it was one of the most fun training courses I've been on!

Apart from learning a great deal about pyros, safety and the legal aspect it is very hands-on and I would recommend it to anyone who works in theatre - whether or not they fire pyros.

• 2 weeks later...
I inquired on Monday with Alan about any free places for the Palladium course and was told he had already overbooked by 1 ....

Oh well, the person who wanted to come isn't available now anyway.

If you still want them to go on a course then there are places available for courses on 12th/13th January. Details.

Also, although not yet available to non-members, the Schools Theatre Support Group is holding one of Lincoln's courses on Thursday 5th January at Warwick School, Warwick. We may be able to take several external places should our own numbers prove insufficient. PM or e-mail me (paul@stsg.org.uk) if you want to express an interest.

• 4 months later...

I attended Lincoln's Practical Pyrotechnics Safety Awareness Course at Southsea yesterday.

Liker all the other comments I have read about such an event - it was excellent. Very interesting and informative, I certainly learnt some things which I had not picked up in my several years of occasional use despite having been instructed by experienced pyro technicians. I would highly recommend these courses to anyone who will be on-stage or backstage when pyros are being used. If you every have to take responsibility for these things you must know what you are doing, and if you are going to be on-stage when an effect is triggered, knowing what goes in to the preparation is very reassuring.

Lincoln - thanks for a great day - I hope your better half is still speaking to you after all the "secrets" you let slip :blink:

I as well attended the course and it was well worth the 5 hour drive to south sea. we must have let off about £1000 pounds worth of pyro that day and the end show was great. many thanks to Lincoln and the boys. :blink:

Archived