RCL speakers

strandgsx

Hey,

Iam trying to find contact info for RCL, they make budget and now I hear mid quality PA gear, iam trying to find a website or the uk distrubuter to make contact.

Can anyone help? Ive googled my heart out and still come up with nothing.

Cheers

Mark

I think he does mean RCL, I recall seeing some of their products in a catalogue a few years back. They didn't seem to be particularly brilliant, just a case of a budget manufacturer leeching off the popularity of RCF. They might have changed, but I haven't seen any more of their products since then...

Mark,

They last featured in the Issue 14 Terralec catalogue. Chipboard horrors by the looks of them. Probably originated in the far-east and bound to have piezo horns in.

Many years ago (I'm talking early seventies) RCL was a UK brand name for a company called Radio Components Limited. They also sold speakers, together with valves and bakelite knobs. I doubt there's a connection.

Pete.

Hey Peeps.

Its is RCL not RCF, they used to be very wafty chipboard cabs which were rubbish, they have since brought out some higher spec stuff which I want to research into.

Ive asked terralec to supply the company info but they never do, so I was hoping that someone would know the contact information for the company.

Usually I wouldnt bother its just iam having more and more people calling the office asking about rcl stuff than ever before.

Thanks

Mark

The guild of students in Birmingham have 2 RCL bass bins and 2 mid highs. Being a lampie I can hardly give a very full review but I've heard the noise-boys saying bad things about the mid highs and all I've know us use them for is DJ box monitors of last resort. The base bins on the other hand are I believe quite good - need driving hard (made be not unduly so - I am a lampie!) to make them do anything much, but do it just fine if you put enough power into them. One of the others may give you a better review if they happen to read this and have enough time on their hands.

• 3 months later...

Archived