Yellow stickers

KindredHyperion

Just a quick question - I've seen several lighting installations now which have little yellow stickers with black numbers on them to mark the sockets, including our main hall and drama studio, both of which were done before my time.

I presume these were all done by the same company, so out of pure interest I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me?

They may be PAT stickers. Do they have a date on them? to tell you when they should be retested. If it is a new install, they will have stickers on them to tell you that it has been assembled/wired correctly and tested good etc.

PAT stickers on an installation? Portable?

More likely to indicate which breaker-board, and which way in that board.

No, they are just yellow stickers with a single digit on. For example in the drama studio there is one on every socket on the grid saying the channel number for that socket, and in the main hall they are on the plugs on the patch rack to say which socket on the grid each plug is linked to.

was wondering if it was something that one particular company did.

Possible.

But equally likely that several companies get their labels from the same source. Before the days of P-touch etc, it was common to buy rolls of sticky-on numbers - either individually or for wire-wrapping.

And most people would pick them up from RS....

Bruce.

Guest Lighting4Free
These stickers are called patch panel dva you use them to find out on the patch and on the dimmer so you can programme each channel

We have them on all the sockets in the Patch Bay and on all the sockets on the Internally Wired Bars it's so when you rig lanterns and plug them into a socket you can use that lantern on a specific channel on the dimmer / desk

A packet of these have just appeared in my school's control room, I'll have a look on Monday and see what information is with them :guitar:

We use them as well to indicate channel numbers.

I believe (not 100% so don't quote me on it) that Stage Electrics did our install, but again maybe I'm wrong.

Archived