Moving Out!

Hi,

Just decided its about time I started to look for somewhere to live for September. I'm moving to London, as I'm starting at LAMDA. Home is in Salisbury. I just don't know where to start, I feel a bit young to be doing this- oh well I guess it's time to grow up!

I'd be grateful for any advice,

Cheers

Sarah

Have you visted London much? It'll be very different from home, I'm really used to it now, but it can be a stark difference at first! I'm from Christchurch, near-ish you, and the difference was huge when I first went there!

There are some really nice parts of London, which are usually the expensive ones :huh: Doh!

East London is getting to be really vibrant and cultured, and is reasonably cheap at the mo, but thats going to change! North London is nicer than South London, but I don't much about West London...

I like Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace) if it's of an interest!

But there are some really nice areas, which are slightly more undiscovered, normally in Zone 3 or 4 (referring to Tube zones here!), but I suppose you need to do the trade off between being close to LAMDA or having some dosh!

I'm sure you'll love it tho, London is a FANTASTIC place, yes it gets some bad press, but then so does everywhere else!

Ask away if you'd like some advice!

Stu

EDIT: Just to say to Bryson, I like North London, so there! :** laughs out loud **:

Oh dear. I was about to say nothing on this issue...and then someone said this:

North London is nicer than South London
:** laughs out loud **:

Oh, is it, now? :huh:

I find South London much more friendly, less "scary" and certainly (and this is the rather important issue) cheaper than places north of the river. Maybe that's just me...but South London (as far as London goes...I would probably like to live in a different city) suits me fine for now.

The real answer is: London has all sorts of different areas. Some are much nicer than others. The nice ones are normally too expensive for you student-types. (Get used to it...this isn't the best paid business in the world)

I like Crystal Palace. Maybe it's something about TV transmitter locations..

Bryson

(Nothing personal, Stu...it's just I work for a South London Council...It may well be in my contract....and I really do like it down south...)

(Nothing personal, Stu...it's just I work for a South London Council...It may well be in my contract....and I really do like it down south...)

Ah thats quite OK!

Stu

I like Crystal Palace.  Maybe it's something about TV transmitter locations..

Or maybe it's those Dinosaurs in the park :** laughs out loud **: .

Sarah, I think it's important to live near where you're studying and with people on your course. I'm not sure where LAMDA is but I'm sure they have a list of people looking to share.

Matt

Archived