Use of Ponies in Panto: Amateur

This thread reminds of when we used some pidgeons for "Accrington Pals".

Obviously we couldn't leave them in their hutches from Sat night to Mon evening and so on the owners advice, after Saturdays show we would just chuck 'em out the stage door.

They would fly home and we'd collect them on Monday.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny's right, surely the only pony in a pantomime consists of 2 geezers in a suit? (Or ladies, of course). The major hazard involved is if the front half is on a Sprout/peanut/pickled egg/Guinness diet, and the rear half doesn't have self-contained breathing apparatus.

Possibly the only place to have a pony in a production is in the tin of Evo-stik you use for bodging damaged set together. (And, no, Cockney Rhyming Slang fiends, don't even think about it!!!)

Other than that, I don't think so in case they go mad!
Danny's right, surely the only pony in a pantomime consists of 2 geezers in a suit?
Look through the stage panto reviews and you'll see them mentioned.
You could even read the post by the OP where he says how successful the stunt was; HERE!

You could even read the post by the OP where he says how successful the stunt was; HERE!

Naaah, read it already, but couldn't resist the opportunity to bring up the subject of "guffs".

Glad it went OK anyway. Noting the fact that the nag was used to working with disabled children, reminded me of a young lady I knew who worked at a donkey sanctuary. Because they too worked with disabled children, the donkeys had to be kept docile. Which, erm, involved, well.......errrrrrrrrrrrrm, look, let's put it this way, it was always down to the YTS to take care of it, it was not a very nice job, nothing you'd want on your CV, or indeed anyone else knowing what it involved. Certainly not the likes of me and my friends. Weeeeeell, seeing as she was naiive, she told someone in strict confidence.......... :blink: .

From that day to this, we know her as "Captain Pudwash"

I'd drug the beast, personally!

Archived