Dimmable UV cannons

SceneMaster

Quite simply can you get UV cannons which are dimmable (I didn't think you could) and if you can where from/what makes are they?

Thanks,

Yes, but you need mechanical dimmers.

Yes I though so... but I meant are there any electronically (opposed to DMX controlled mechanical dimmers or manually operated mechanical dimmers) dimmable UV cannons which I didn’t' think was possible. Presuming with a mechanical dimmer you can leave the UV cannon on the whole time without it causing damage to the shutters.

Thanks Brian useful as always ;),

Actually, thinking about it a bit further, although they aren't 'cannons' as such, you could dim UV linear fluorescents. Or, if anyone makes them, which I doubt, UV compact fluorescents as long as they were a 4-pin type tube.

Guest lightnix

What are you going to use them for?

A couple of movers with a "full" or very dark (181 style) blue dialled in can give a passable UV effect, especially on fluorescent materials. Blue LEDs also make fluorescent colours glow.

What are you going to use them for?

A couple of movers with a "full" or very dark (181 style) blue dialled in can give a passable UV effect, especially on fluorescent materials. Blue LEDs also make fluorescent colours glow.

We need a proper UV effect as in the real stuff. This is for Honk and the underwater scene, I am the assistant LD and I am not sure weather UV is what we really need for the underwater scene. But as always the director’s spec is final and every one in the company is set on having UV for this scene so UV is what I shall give them.

Archived