Composite or RGB for multiformat projection?

BlueShift

Aha. But do you need to mix? Because going down to composite is going to make your XGA look terrible. Text, especially, will be basically unreadable.

I would just accept that switching between Computer and Video sources is just the way you're going to have to do it.

Aha.  But do you need to mix?  Because going down to composite is going to make your XGA look terrible.  Text, especially, will be basically unreadable.

I would just accept that switching between Computer and Video sources is just the way you're going to have to do it.

Well I at the very least need seamless switching, but being able to fade between sources is definately something id like to be able to do.

We dont do a lot of text-heavy work on the computer, but sometimes we would need to. On the other hand, sometimes you are gonna want to chromakey the PC output over video which is easiest done using a vision mixer.

This is a conundrum!

OK, having another look at analog way stuff, I think something like the octo-fade would be great for us, or perhaps a smart-fade if the octofade is too pricey.

I think if I can fade between sources and keep XGA resolution then im happy :)

We will rarely ever do chroma-keying in this venue so I dont think thats a huge priority.

Cheers

Archived