Drape Companies

Mr.Si

Hi, I did a search but couldn't find anything on here. - I shall do a google aswell.

I thought I'd see if I could get any recommendations from you if you know of any companies down in, or near West Sussex who provide drapes (flame retardant of course) and the rigging equipment for them.

I've just been asked to do the sound for a church event in a sports hall where the seating capacity expected is around 400-500 people on chairs - reverberant nightmare of a hall.

(My main concern is that the speech from J. John will be just un intelligible and am thinking of a temporary way of making the sound less reverberant in the space. Am thinking that hanging drapes a little away from the wall will help absorb the higher and mid high frequencies which are annoying when reflected).

Anyone know of draping companies down south?

Thanks in Advance,

Si

Edit: Oh pants! I accidently posted this in the wrong section - I thought I was posting in Staging and Rigging. - Moderators please could you fix my mistake?

Thank you :unsure:

Thanks Bryson :unsure:

The event is going to be in Handcross, so a little north of Brighton, but Brighton's a better landmark for those distant from the south coast!

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I shall have a look at Blackout first of all.

Archived