Speaker cable for powered speakers...

SceneMaster

Hi,

The studiospares DMX sommer cable fits the spec for some powered speaker cable runs (about 20m lenghts) I am installing as in it is two core and sheilded. Is it corret to use this cable designed for 110 ohm applications as feeds for powered speakers? I have used it in the past without problems but this is an intall and I ought to put the right stuff in.

Thanks,

The Sommer DMX is good cable which we have used for some of our DMX cables. Not sure why you would want to use it for powered speaker feeds as I wouldn't have thought there was a need for it to be 110 ohm unless it was a AES digital feed to the speakers? :unsure:

It is still good quality screened cable so I guess it would do the job perfectly well but equally there may be a cheaper alternative which will do the job as well and cost less per metre - especially if it is for install rather than stage use.

S

Archived